Tuesday 16 August 2011

Band Button Badges Part 6 - Punk & Post-Punk contributed by Neil Menzies

Neil Menzies, the bassist from Glasgow's excellent The Goldenhour, and now The Fast Camels, kindly got in touch and contributed a great scan of his badge collection. Now this lot is right up my street and takes me back to what I still consider to be my "golden age" of music. There are some examples of The Stranglers, The Damned, Nina Hagen, Devo, Dead Kennedys, The Cure, Crass, The Birthday Party and Killing Joke amongst others.


There's quite a few here that I had in the bag that I sold all those years ago, in fact it's almost as though Neil was the one that bought it from the record store! I'm a bit misty eyed looking at The Stranglers "Raven" badges, which were always my favourite. So kids, a word of advice - never sell anything music related, no matter how hard up you are or how you think you will grow out of it. Your parents might say "it's just phase", but don't listen to them, it's a phase that can last a hell of a long time! 

Thanks to Neil for contributing, The Fast Camels are working on their second album so watch out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment